Traditional bone broth focuses on the consumption of high levels of vitamins, minerals and specific proteins called amino acids such as glycine, praline, hydroxyproline and arginine – better known as collagen. Collagen is the major insoluble fibrous protein in the extracellular matrix and in connective tissue. In fact, it is the single most abundant protein in the animal kingdom. There are at least 16 types of collagen, but 80 – 90 percent of the collagen in the body consists of types I, II, and III. Collagen types I and II are concentrated in the skin, bones, tendons, and ligaments, while type III is found primarily in the joints (REF). Collagen levels naturally decrease with age exposing the body to some obvious signs of this (wrinkles) to some not so obvious (arthritis)(REF), whilst lifestyle choices such as smoking, sun exposure, stress, bad fats, etc may also speed this process (REF).
Vegetarian Broth Ingredients
- Tomatoes (lycopene also helps with collagen synthesis)
- Spinach (zinc which has shown may help slow down the rate of collagen breakdown REF)
- Green beans
- Pak Choi
- Green Algae
- Beetroot (lycopene)
- Carrots (Vit A, which restores collagen that’s been damaged)
- Garlic (Sulphur supports phase II liver detox, which is the phase of detoxification where your body is getting ready to eliminate environmental toxins (such as pollutants), which break down and interfere with the production of collagen and lipoic acid and taurine, both of which help rebuild damaged collagen)
- Juice of 1 lemon (Vit ‘C’ links amino acids together to form collagen – proline, which makes it an essential nutrient in the pre-collagen production phase (REF)
Become a BodyMOT Coach using Functional Nutrition to help support improved health – Learn More
There are so many mechanisms involved in squatting, some of these mechanisms are fundamental to the human design, others blow off the cobwebs and allow us to keep moving safely and efficiently. Reducing squatting exposes the joints to premature aging; knees, hips, ankles, spine, and pelvis.
Thumb joint corrects foot pain! Seriously?I know, crazy right? I must be mistaken? It has to be some kind of black magic? I'm pain-free because of some other factor? It must be psychosomatic?To be honest, I have heard it all now. What's important? My wrist is pain-free enabling me to get back to a normal life after 2 years of pain!