Initial Appointment with Jo Abbott
This appointment is for individuals who have never had an appointment with Jo, or are returning post 3 months from last appointment with Jo. These two valuable hours are spent assessing, exploring and discussing each contributing factor of your current health condition allowing yourself and Jo to re-structure and re-build a programme of health that maximises your potential and is focused on your current needs and life time goals. This appointment duration gives you the opportunity to tell your story, share your thoughts and feelings about your health and wellness: where you have come from, to where you desire to be.
The importance of an initial appointment should not be underestimated. Scientifically, the evidence supports that time spent exploring the patient’s story, the evidence based practice, interpreting the findings, and driving home the clinical reasoning is the foundation to success.
Initial appointment may include:
- Manual Clinical Biomechanical assessment
- Exploration in standing, sitting, initiating walking, and non-weight bearing (NB: 94% of estimated 7,000 volunteers do not stand optimally!)
- Explanation of the findings at the level needed
- Treatment (pending outcome of findings)
- Proposed rehabilitation team (together, finding the right people to support you)
- Corrective Exercise Prescription (online or paper options!)