- Venue: Sports Science Clinic (Poole, Dorset) and Hamworthy Fire Station Clinic (Poole, Dorset)
- Start: FEBRUARY 2013
- Finish: Ongoing
- Volunteers: All Patients and Experimental Studies
- Duration: From start to finish of testing is 1 hours.
Experimental study exploring the way your body is stacked up and it's relative risk of non-contact injury
Expectations on the Day
- You will need to be part of the study for 18 months minimum.
- You will need to complete online reporting every four weeks.
- You will receive monthly e-news to keep you up to date with the study and other health supports.
You will need to wear shorts or leggings for the duration of the testing. You will need to be barefoot and wearing shorts or leggings for the duration of the testing. For the first 45 minutes a series of Manual Musculoskeletal (MSK) tests will be conducted on you in quiet standing and lying down on a plinth/therapy couch. You will need to remain relaxed and to not resist nor help the Tester. Once all MSK tests are complete, you will then be asked to perform specific human movement in standing whilst the researcher (Jo Abbott) is monitoring your movements.
All volunteers must arrive 10 minutes before their allocated slot for the study to commence immediately.
Upon agreeing to volunteer for the study you will recieve a link to further information and paperwork that you will need to complete. All volunteers (Participants only) will need to complete and submit their Research Study paperwork online 24 hours before appointment.
No expense’s can be paid for volunteers in this Study.
Are you interested in volunteering as a Participant? Register your interest below and Jo Abbott shall contact you soon.