The Pelvic Girdle
The Pelvic Girdle continues to provide the busy clinician with the latest evidence and clinical tools/knowledge to immediately impact and enhance daily practice for the management of lumbopelvic-hip pain and disability. This fourth edition has changed fundamentally in presentation and content to provide the clinician with the evidence and clinical tools for effective practice.
The new model presented in this edition – The Integrated Systems Model and the Clinical Puzzle – co-developed by Diane Lee & Linda-Joy Lee, facilitates effective clinical reasoning, hypothesis development and prescriptive treatment. It is highly unlikely that there will ever be enough research evidence to meet the needs of a clinician who is faced with patients presenting with a wide and variable range of single and multiple impairments every day. Clinical expertise (knowing how to do the right thing at the right time) comes from disciplined, reflective practice and it is hoped that this text will help more clinicians become experts in this field.
- Presents an evidence-based approach to the examination, diagnosis and treatment of the lumbopelvic region
- Easy to read and clinican friendly
- Demonstrates how clinicians can translate knowledge derived from scientific research into clinical practice and also use knowledge gained from clinical practice to evaluate the relevance of the scientific research
- Highly illustrated descriptions of tests and techniques for practice
- The author team – Diane Lee, Linda-Joy Lee and Andry Vleeming – all have international reputations as clinicians and researchers
- Book now available in full colour online!
- Website! Log on to www.thepelvicgirlde.com and use your unique PIN code from inside the book to unlock the following:
- Over 240 tests and techniques video clips demonstrating the clinical application of TheIntegrated Systems Model
- Full colour e-book
- Further case studies
- Historical perspectives and the evolution of myths