Multiple Sclerosis and Supplementation
Before we go in to the supplements which I chose for my partner to build a new nervous system, if you are reading this then it is important I make the previous blog a little bit clearer to ensure you are ‘with me’ on this journey.
Therefore, if we wanted to build a new nervous system her gut needed to be able to break down and absorb specific cell building ingredients for us to do this – hence the reason why gut health needed to come first. And as you’ll see, if you were to keep reading, the gut and the nervous system are very much inter-active.
101 bullet points of the various branches of the nervous system
- There are two main systems; Peripheral Nervous System (any nerve structures outside of the brain and spinal cord) and Central Nervous System (brain and spinal cord)
- Peripheral Nervous System separates in to three systems:
- Somatic: responsible for voluntary, conscious control of skeletal muscles (effector organ) using motor (efferent) nerves.
- Autonomic: control the visceral functions of the body, including the regulation of heart rate, digestion, salivation, urination, digestion and many more. The efferent arm of this system can be further subdivided:
- Parasympathetic Nervous System (motor)
- Sympathetic Nervous System (motor).
- Enteric Nervous System: this nervous system is embedded within the lining of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract so it can directly control the functions of the GI tract. It consists of two plexuses:
- Myenteric Located between the inner and outer layers of muscularis externa, responsible for increasing tone of gut. Controls velocity and intensity of contractions.
- Submucosal Located in the submucosal layer. Responsible for secretions and absorption in the gut. Controls local muscle movements as well
NOTE: The Peripheral Nervous System also stimulates the enteric nervous system to increase function. Therefore, defecation is still possible during fight or flight mode, while the sympathetic nervous system inhibits enteric function.
In summary, there is absolutely no point spending a fortune on the best organic food and supplements in the world if your gut does not have the capacity to break the products down and utilise each atom of the products to the best of their availability. So by completing the protocol set-out on the previous blog we ensured, before we got to the supplement part of this protocol, the enteric submucosal system of the peripheral nervous system would be functioning optimally, suggesting when we added the following supplements in to the daily routine the gut would be able to respond accordingly. It is also important to note most MS patients struggle with constipation which may also suggest an issue at the myenteric nervous system within the peripheral nervous system.
Twelve Months Supplemental Programme
- USANA Biomega MORE INFO
- USANA Proflavanol MORE INFO
- USANA Vita-Antioxidants Cellsentials MORE INFO
- USANA Core Minerals Cellsentials MORE INFO
- USANA Magnecal D MORE INFO
- USANA Probiotics MORE INFO
- Neuro Rest – No longer available
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid MORE INFO
- Phosphatidyl Serine MORE INFO
- Pantothenic Acid MORE INFO
- N-Acetyl Cysteine MORE INFO
- Glutamine MORE INFO
- Pure Bio DHA Liquid MORE INFO
There are so many mechanisms involved in squatting, some of these mechanisms are fundamental to the human design, others blow off the cobwebs and allow us to keep moving safely and efficiently. Reducing squatting exposes the joints to premature aging; knees, hips, ankles, spine, and pelvis.
Thumb joint corrects foot pain! Seriously?I know, crazy right? I must be mistaken? It has to be some kind of black magic? I'm pain-free because of some other factor? It must be psychosomatic?To be honest, I have heard it all now. What's important? My wrist is pain-free enabling me to get back to a normal life after 2 years of pain!